Hi Ian,

It looks like demo/older.pal/schematic/contents; was not checked in to
the CVS repository.  I'm not sure why.  I probably missed it when I
checked the Ptolemy Classic sources into CVS.

Anyway, I checked it in to CVS, or you can get it via
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cxh/tmp2/ptclassicOldDemos.tar.gz

Building Ptolemy Classic from CVS was a little rougher than it should
be.  I fixed a couple of minor problems.

_Christopher

--------

    Hi Christopher!

    Thanks for your reply!

    >In Ptolemy Classic 0.7.2Devel, the VHDLB and VHDL codegen demos are
    >available under "Older CG Domains" at the bottom.  To enter this
    >palette, move the mouse over the "Older CG Domains" icon and type a
    >'i'.  This will open the palette.  I was able to navigate to the
    >registerGalDemo and run it by hitting the 'R' key.

    When I tried to enter the "Older CG Domains" palette, a new window poped ou
   t with the following info:

    Error: octOpenRelative:
    '$PTOLEMY/demo/older.pal:schematic:contesnts;' doesn't exist

    Then I checked my '$PTOLEMY/demo/older.pal', and found that "contesnts" did
   n't really exist. Here is the details:

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/src/ptolemy/demo/older.pal
    $ ls -R
    .:
    CVS  schematic

    ./CVS:
    Entries  Repository  Root

    ./schematic:
    CVS  interface;

    ./schematic/CVS:
    Entries  Repository  Root

    Does this imply that there is sth. wrong with my installation?

    btw: I was able to run the butterfly demo and got butterfly.c correctly.