Thanks for the quick response.  I presume then that to set this
attribute would require directly editing the xml file since Vergil
would not expose the StringAttribute as a visible (and therefore
configurable) attribute.  Is that true?

Thanks - Jim

Stephen Andrew Neuendorffer wrote:

Assuming you are writing your own actor, the easiest way to deal with this is to
use a StringAttribute instead of a Parameter.

This issue comes up in other contexts as well... for example, if you have a string with
octal codes in it, the expression parser properly substitutes them into the string,
However, StringToken does not convert non-printable characters back into escape codes...

Steve