Bo,

On Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009, Bo Hansen wrote:
> I have a strange problem with a ptx project using 1.99-trunk. On my machine
> it works fine, but when I copy the project to another computer I get an
> error when util-linux is compiled in the final stages.
> I have tried "ptxdist target install util-linx" first and then "ptxdist
> go". In this way the error does not occur, but from what I can see the
> target system is missing a lot of library files and it stops when booting
> missing libdl.so.2.

Did you copy the toolchain? Or using some kind of archives for the transfer?
Copying removes many links and replace them by the real file. And thats why
the targetinstall-stage for the glibc will "forget" many required files.

Refer the FAQ at http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/ptxdist_faq_en.html
--> "Q: To avoid building the OSELAS toolchain on each development host,..."

> I'm using the same toolchain on both machines, both
> Ubuntu. According to the FAQ I have changed /bin/sh to link to bash also,
> but it did not solve the problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Best regards,
> Bo Hansen
>

> I have pasted the error messege below:
> [...]
> more.c:174:51: error: term.h: No such file or directory
> more.c: In function 'my_putstring':
> more.c:178: warning: implicit declaration of function 'tputs'
> more.c: In function 'my_setupterm':
> more.c:183: warning: implicit declaration of function 'setupterm'
> more.c: In function 'my_tgetnum':
> more.c:188: warning: implicit declaration of function 'tigetnum'
> more.c: In function 'my_tgetflag':
> more.c:193: warning: implicit declaration of function 'tigetflag'
> more.c: In function 'my_tgetstr':
> more.c:198: warning: implicit declaration of function 'tigetstr'
> more.c:198: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
> more.c: In function 'my_tgoto':
> more.c:203: warning: implicit declaration of function 'tparm'
> more.c:203: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast

Sounds like the util-linux searches for the ncurses library. Can you send the
output of the prepare-stage of util-linux?

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | Phone: +49-8766-939 228     |