On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Marc Kleine-Budde <m...@pengutronix.de> wrote:
> Markus Rathgeb wrote:
>> Good morning!
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Marc Kleine-Budde <m...@pengutronix.de>
>> wrote:
>>> The reason behind this if someone wants to use a modified file.
>>>
>>> The current install_alternative first looks in $workspace/projectroot/
>>> then it $ptxdist/generic.
>
>> Isn't there a problem, that the file will be forgotten while updating
>> avahi to a more recent version after a undefined time?
>
> good point.
>
>> Perhaps there could be an install function that will use
>> "$workspace/projectroot" if there is a correspondent file and
>> otherwise it will call a normal install to use the file that come with
>> the sources.
>
> We can extend the install_alternative to look in
> "$workspace/projectroot" as another fallback

As you pointed before "$workspace/projectroot" is current a fallback
for install_alternative.
I believe you do mean something to add something like this as fallback
(with look at install_copy src):

PKG_PKGDIR="$(PKGDIR)/$($(PTX_MAP_TO_PACKAGE_$(notdir $(basename
$(basename $@)))))";   \
SRC=$${PKG_PKGDIR}/$$DST;