Hi,

with linux 2.6.32 we get devtmpfs. This is rather convenient when using
nfsroot: We can skip the sudo hack to create the device nodes.

However, the way things are right now, we have a problem with multi
platform BSPs. ROOTFS_DEV_INITIAL (the opetion to enable initial device
nodes) is defined in ptxconfig and not the platformconfig.
So it cannot be disabled until all platforms support devtmpfs.

What's the best way to fix this?

- Try to be smart, e.g. don't install initial device nodes if devtmpfs is
  enabled
- Add an option to be smart
- add a platformconfig to replace or overwrite ROOTFS_DEV_INITIAL
Any other options?

And what about BSP specific device nodes (for applications that start
before udev, etc.)?

Regards,
Michael Olbrich