Hello Michael,

On 07/03/11 13:52, Michael Olbrich wrote:
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 03:18:33PM +0200, Marius Brehler wrote:
I tried to build Qt4/X11 with OpenGL ES 2.0 support, but it failed with
the following error message:
The OpenGL ES 2.0 functionality test failed!
   You might need to modify the include and library search paths by editing
   QMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL_ES2, QMAKE_LIBDIR_OPENGL_ES2 and QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 in

The QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 var should be set by line 46 of qmake.make
   -e "s#@QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2@#$(strip $(QT4_QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2))#g" \
but a look into the modified 'mkspecs/linux-ptx-g++/qmake.conf' shows
an empty 'QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2   =' entriy.
It seems that QT4_QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 isn't set anywhere.

The patches I have attached, fix this and work at least with QT 4.7.2.
I will also test with the makefiles for Qt 4.7.3 form git. I think a
similar change has to be made for OpenGL ES 1.x and ES 1.x CL. Where
should the QT4 vars be added? To the makefile?

The problem is, that there are no 'correct' values for these variables.

I aggree regarding the QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 value, but aren't the paths to the libraries and includes fixed?

The
current version is the result of me playing with some OpenGL ES
implementation. The idea is to set QT4_QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 etc. in the
package that provides it, or some kind of helper package.

I suppose that there is no need for a helper package and that it is a good idea to set the OPENGL variables within the package that provides the libs.

If you need this to be more flexible, maybe we should change this to just
@QMAKE_EXTRAS@
in qmake.conf and the set that as needed, e.g.
QT4_QMAKE_EXTRAS := "QT4_QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 = -lfoo\nQMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL_ES2 =
$(SYSROOT)/..."

For me it would be enough to set these two additional variables, but give other developers more flexibility (for example to compile with OpenGL or OpenGL ES 1) and to shift around of adding every single variable itself, I would prefere your suggestion to add a QMAKE_EXTRA 'option'.

Are you willing to add the changes or should I attach a clean patch within one of my next emails.
Best Regards

Marius