Robert Schwebel wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 08:31:44AM +0100, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> > >
> > > Are there any host tools which do also run uname? I'd prefer
> > > overwriting cached variables or something like that.
> >
> > That's why I want to place it in sysroot-cross/bin. That's not in PATH
> > for hosttools.
>
> Hmm, I'm still not sure if this was side-effect free. However, leaving
> it as it is will result in at least the same ammount of failures :-)
>
> Marc, do you have an oppinion?

The autotools already deliver the correct values for the build host and the
target host.
The correct solution for these kind of failures in the buildsystem is to use
the results of the autotools *correctly*.

jbe

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |