Hi Ruben,

Ruben Louw wrote:
> Got a question. I followed the quickstart doc for the newest bsp 2012.12.0
> and built everything, ptxdist, toolchain and the rootfilesystem. everything
> works great, boot via nfs etc...

\o/

> now i want to start developing some neat apps using qt creator. It seeems i
> missed something, I have no gdbserver on my mini2440. Playing around with
> ptxdist menuconfig, i saw there is a gdbserver option, i suppose this is
> where i enable it. the only thing thats bugging my is, do i have to re
> build everything now and reinstall ptxdist, or is there some short cut i
> can take?

This option is project centric. Just enabled the GDB option in the menu of
this project and run the "ptxdist go" in the BSP directory again. After that
everything is in place. Now it depends on your usecase how to proceed. If you
are using NFS root and you have exported the "platform-mini2440/root"
directory you are done. If you are using your Mini2440's NAND you need the
additional "ptxdist images" step and to store the updated jffs2-image into
the NAND again to get gdbserver into your Mini2440.

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |