Hi Juergen

> ("Computer! Find the bugs in my app right now!"?) ;)

hehehe, I wish it was this simple.

The debugging helper enables the viewing of complex objects in the IDE (Qt
Creator in my case). so when gdbserver is started on the target, the IDE
then starts gdb on the host and the to communicate with each other. As soon
as a break point is reached, the variable types and values are displayed
using a debug helper. from what I could gather, this helper is either
python or normal c++.

> Please keep always in mind the difference between your target and your
host. Most of the time, only the small gdbserver runs >on your target and
the main full blown/featured debugger on your host.

this is also how I understand it, all the helper does is "Indetify" the
types and its values, then you dont have to guess what the content of the
variable or objects are.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this makes sense to me. :)

Thanks for the reply and any further help.

Regards

Ruben