Von: "Jon Ringle" <j...@ringle.org>
An: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Gesendet: 15.01.2014 16:31:46
Betreff: [ptxdist] building a project using ptxdist sysroot-target
I've built a rootfs using ptxdist with PTXCONF_PROJECT_CREATE_DEVPKGS=y
I now have in platform/packages/*-dev.tar.gz for each package built.

I believe that I can use the *-dev.tar.gz files to recreate sysroot-target/ so that a developer can build a project without using ptxdist that depends on libraries and include files that was built by ptxdist. Does this make sense?

I'm looking at doing a workflow where ptxdist builds linux kernel and rootfs, and then the *-dev.tar.gz only are given to other developers to do their work of creating projects for the target board without having to build linux kernel and rootfs all over again.

Is there support in ptxdist for this type of workflow model?
Any other approaches that others have taken?

Thanks,
Jon