Hi guys,

I noticed the java runtime environment included in ptxdist is quite old
(6u2), so I took the liberty of creating a new ruleset to update to 7u67
(should be easy to change to other versions), and supports x64 binary
download too. In order to download the file it makes a little cookie cheat,
and I don't know if that somehow should be added through the menuconfig in
order to "properly acknowledge the license" or whatever...

Note however that the current x86 glibc (2.18) included in ptxdist has a
flaw that causes segfault in the java executable. This is apparently a
known error and can be fixed by applying this patch to the glibc in the
toolchain:

https://github.com/funtoo/funtoo-overlay/blob/master/sys-libs/glibc/files/2.18/glibc-2.18-strstr-hackfix.patch

The patch was created by Arch Linux maintainers. I have not tried updating
to 2.19 to see if that changes anything.

I don't know if this list is the right place to send this stuff, if so feel
free to shout at me.

Give it a look :)
--
Mvh. / Kind regards