Hi Michael,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 10:56:28AM +0200, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 09:48:45AM +0200, Alexander Aring wrote:
> > This patch adds a missing host-swig dependency which is needed by
> > trace-cmd to generate some python bindings. Without host-swig I get the
> > following compile error:
> 
> I've changed this to just select HOST_SWIG. The others should not be
> necessary. Can you confirm that it still works? Maybe you didn't run
> 'oldconfig'?
> 

I need to admit, I was not sure about to handle this. I learned that
"select" is in Kconfig an evil statement for doing selection on config
entries which has also others "select/depends on" statements. Maybe this
is only if the selected statement has a "depends on" only or ptxdist can
handle this.

A "depends on" doesn't work here because it's noprompt. Now I realized
that when I try to add all HOST_SWIG dependencies then this doesn't work
because select doesn't give any information about the order on which
dependency should be compiled at first.

Anyway these thinking about that confused me and I would say that a
simple "select HOST_SWIG" is enough than I will trust you. I tested it
and after running 'oldconfig' it works, also fine with the dependencies
like 'host-libpcre'.

Thanks.

- Alex

-- 
ptxdist mailing list
[email protected]

Reply via email to