On 09.09.2016 08:38, Michael Olbrich wrote:
I don't know how to find out the minimum required kernel version for a
compiled glibc but I looked at the configure options used for
OSELAS.Toolchain-2016.06.0. The minimum required kernel version is set to
3.18 :-/.

OK, I tried building on kernel 4.6.0 from jessie-backports. The FATAL errors are gone but, the syntax errors in the g-i compile stage are still being thrown:

  .../sysroot-target/usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gio-autocleanups.h:106:
  syntax error, unexpected typedef-name, expecting identifier or '(' in
  'typedef GProxy *GProxy_autoptr;' at 'GProxy_autoptr'

...although they don't seem to affect the build, since g-i now targetinstalls correctly :)

You could hack ./platform-arm-hf/sysroot-cross/bin/qemu-cross to add '-r
3.18' to the qemu command-line. That may help, but could cause other issues
later, but probably not for the g-i stuff.

Uhh, that seems more like a dirty hack than a real fix to me ;-) I'll rather compile with a newer host kernel.

Thanks!

 - Roland