Hi,

On 10/12/2016 08:38 AM, Koch, Alexander wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to build an image for an x86 box (Intel Atom Z510). Coming from
> the official documentation quickstart I found the OSELAS Generic BSP
> [1], which seems to be based on ptxdist-2014.07.0.
>
> I tried migrating it to ptxdist-2016.04.0 but multiple components (e.g.
> klibc) fail to build.
>
> Is there anything newer to act as a starting point for creating x86
> images with recent PTXdist versions?

The DistroKit [0].

> Any advice on how to get to an x86 image without creating a new BSP from
> scratch is appreciated. I'm not new to PTXdist but have only done ARM
> images so far.

I currently have some i586 plattform here (because doing some
experiments with a project which has 32 bit support only and I don't
fight currently for x86_64 multilib support.) Nevertheless, it's not
mainline and x86 32 bit system is somewhat deprecated (in my opinion).

It's really simple to create a new plattform, if you are interest in
using the BSP in QEMU, then you can also use v7a plattform and the
run-nfs script will use a nfs userspace server, started by ptxdist
nfsroot.

Also the created image can be put into beaglebone (white/black) or RPi2.

- Alex

[0] https://git.pengutronix.de/cgit/DistroKit