> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 03:22:25PM +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
>> According to the glib documentation [1] (emphasis mine):
>>
>> GRegex uses the PCRE library for regular expression matching. The
>> default is to use the internal version of PCRE that is patched to use
>> GLib for memory management and Unicode handling. If you prefer to use
>> the system-supplied PCRE library you can pass the --with-pcre=system
>> option to, *but it is not recommended*.
>>
>>  [1]: https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-building.html
>>
>> I see that the glib package for ptxdist has a hardcoded
>> --with-pcre=system option. Is there a reason for this?
>
> Copying libraries into one's source code and using local versions is a
> bad habbit for people who do not have full control over their system :-)

But that's a decision that is taken by the glib developers. I mean,
wouldn't it be wise to use glib as they intend it to be used? They
explicitly mention that the internal version has been patched, and
that using the system-supplied PCRE is not recommended.

--
Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodrig...@gmail.com