I discovered after updating to a new version of ptxdist that all of my
compile output including errors/warnings are now all going to stdout
instead of having the errors/warning going to stderr.

This is causing some problem when I use qtcreator as my IDE because
qtcreator will only filter stderr for errors/warnings to put into the
Issues tab, where one can simply click on the error/warning and be taken
right to the source line where the error/warning is found.

I create a small program to demonstrate the problem:
$ cat local_src/testprog/testprog.c
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#error An error here
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        printf("Hello World, I'm testprog!\n");

        exit(EXIT_SUCCESS);
}

$ ptxdist-2016.10.0 --force targetinstall testprog >/dev/null
make: ***
[/home/jringle-admin/code/gpec/ec1k-rootfs/platform-EC1C/state/testprog.compile]
Error 2

$ ptxdist-2015.08.0 --force targetinstall testprog >/dev/null
testprog.c:4:2: error: #error An error here
 #error An error here
  ^
make[1]: *** [testprog] Error 1
make: ***
[/home/jringle-admin/code/gpec/ec1k-rootfs/platform-EC1C/state/testprog.compile]
Error 2

I found that this is being caused by commit
30b9267e35eea1c2edb4da0231a428bfa25b6766

Is there a way that the stderr to stdout redirect could be implemented
conditionally so that I can still have stderr segregated if I want to?

Regards,
Jon