Hi,

On 11.09.2017 20:22, Anton Botvalde wrote:
Hello,

I am new to the world of ptxdist and firmware image building. To get my feet wet I have tried to build an image for my raspberry pi 2 with ptxdist and distrokit following the blog post on the pengutronix homepage (http://pengutronix.de/en/2017-08-28-distrokit-a-playground-bsp-for-ptxdist.html <http://pengutronix.de/en/2017-08-28-distrokit-a-playground-bsp-for-ptxdist.html>).

The image for rpi2 is successfully built but I am unable to get the image working on my rpi2. Nothing happens after the gpu firmware has booted and using serial to usb connector gives nothing but radio silence so I am guessing that the kernel is not booting at all. I have tried several sd cards and another rpi2 so I have ruled out faulty hardware. I also tried building an image for rpi1 but it didn't work as well.
I just tried it out, and you're right. We should see some barebox messages, and then some systemd startup messages, followed by a login prompt. However, the system does not even seem to start the barebox bootloader.

I'm not sure how to debug this, but you could try to work-around this bug by copy /boot/zImage from the second partition on the SD card to the boot partition, and changing "kernel=barebox.bin" to "kernel=zImage" in config.txt.

I found the following github repo (https://github.com/rohieb/DistroKit-rpi-ibrdtn <https://github.com/rohieb/DistroKit-rpi-ibrdtn>) which seemed aimed at distrokit and rpi images so I tried to build an image with it instead and managed to get an image that actually boots on my rpi2.

This is one of my old repos which I used as a playground for DistroKit when working on my master's thesis. It is a fork of an old version of the official DistroKit Git repo. Back then, I only had access to a RPi1, so I used platform-rpi. Also, this was before platform-rpi and platform-v7a was recently overhauled in DistroKit in July.

What is the official status of the distrokit support for raspberry pi?

RPi 1 should work with platform-rpi, RPi 2 should work with platform-v7a. RPi 3 should in theory also work with platform-v7a, but I think no one has come around yet to testing that...

 - Roland