Hi,

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 06:28:14PM +0100, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> For a ptxdist BSP I am managing I need to create a "hotfix" package to
> patch a number of files on already deployed devices.
>
> This package will only be used on devices which are already deployed, and
> its files should not be part of the rootfs images if the platform is
> rebuilt. Is it possible to have ptxdist build an .ipk package that will not
> be included in the filesystem images ?
>
> I was hoping that marking the package as "M" in ptxdist menuconfig would do
> the trick :) but that doesn't do what I thought.

It can be used like that, but for a single package, it's a bit complex.
If you use the regular images, then you can create a "lazy" package.
Just create a normal package and then modify the makefile like this:
"PACKAGES-$(PTXCONF_..." -> "LAZY_PACKAGES-$(PTXCONF_..."

The package will not be added to the rootfs, however, it will not be built
by default either. So you need to run "ptxdist targetinstall <pkg-name>" to
build it.

Regards,
Michael