On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 12:38 PM, Michael Olbrich
<m.olbr...@pengutronix.de> wrote:

>> > not

>> > do
>> >
>> > It can be used like that, but for a single package, it's a bit complex.
>> >

>> Do you marking the package as "M"? I tried that but it seems to do exactly
>> the same as when I just enable it (with "*"). Am I missing something?
>
> No, you need to use collections as well. There is some stuff about this in
> the documentation.

We had a similar use-case, albeit it wasn't for a hotfix package.

I think the steps to achieve your goal could be as follows:

(i) you mark your hotfix package as 'tristate' in the *.in file
(ii) you create a collection config that does NOT include the hotfix
package, e.g. using 'ptxdist menuconfig collection
configs/mycollectionconfig'
(iii) run 'ptxdist go' (without any collection config link) to
generate all the packages + hotfix package
(iv) run 'ptxdist --collectionconfig=configs/mycollectionconfig images
=> creates the flash images, but w/o hotfix package applied