> On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 01:20:17PM +0100, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:

> deployed, and
> will
> > > not

> would
> > > do
> > >
> > > It can be used like that, but for a single package, it's a bit complex.
> > >

> > Do you marking the package as "M"? I tried that but it seems to do
> exactly
> > the same as when I just enable it (with "*"). Am I missing something?
>
> No, you need to use collections as well. There is some stuff about this in
> the documentation.

Ah, yes.

> > > If you use the regular images, then you can create a "lazy" package.
> > > Just create a normal package and then modify the makefile like this:
> > > "PACKAGES-$(PTXCONF_..." -> "LAZY_PACKAGES-$(PTXCONF_..."
> > >
> > > The package will not be added to the rootfs, however, it will not be
> built
> > > by default either. So you need to run "ptxdist targetinstall
> <pkg-name>" to
> > > build it.
> > >

> > But then when I do ptxdist targetinstall <pkg-name>, the .ipk will be
> > built, but will the files also be added to sysroot? The latter is what I
> > would like to avoid...
>
> Why? Sysroot is not used for the target rootfs. Do the files conflict with
> other packages? In this case, you could define a custom <pkg>.install.post
> target in the package makefile. That's the stage that copies the files to
> sysroot-target.

Sorry for the confusion, I think I am mixing the sysroot-target with the
target rootfs. The actual question should have been:

When I do ptxdist targetinstall <pkg-name>, the .ipk will be built, files
copied to sysroot etc.

If I now recreate the rootfs images (via ptxdist images), will the files
from
this .ipk (which has now been built) be included? This is what I want
to avoid.

The reason as you point out is that these files conflict with other
packages.

Thank you,

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodrig...@gmail.com