> > > Are you using build_all_v2.mk or build_one.sh? Then
> > > CROSS_GDB_WITHOUT_PYTHON is set to 'y' by default.
> > >

> > Ok. I see that there now. It would be nice if this default was
> consistent.
> > Reading the `cross-gdb.make` it appears that the default is with python,
> > but the `build_all_v2.mk` has the default the opposite. Can we pick a
> > default and stick to it?
>
> It's just a hack from a long time ago when the dependency handling was
> broken. I just never bothered to change this. Patches are welcome.

I'd be happy to create a patch. Which way is preferable?
1) default --without-python and require an "opt-in" for
--with-python=python3
or
2) default --with-python=python3 and require an "opt-out" for
--without-python

If 1) is preferred, is it ok to rename CROSS_GDB_WITHOUT_PYTHON =>
CROSS_GDB_WITH_PYTHON?
The reason is that we'd want the non-existence of the env variable to be
applied as the default

-Jon