Hi Matthias,

Am Mittwoch, den 11.04.2018, 09:26 +0000 schrieb Matthias Klein:
> Hello,
>
> we are using the OSELAS Toolchain 2014.12.2 in the "arm-v7a-linux-
> gnueabihf" variant for the NXP i.MX6S7 and NXP i.MX6QP7.
>
> Can we use this existing Toolchain and the PTXdist project also for
> the i.MX 6UltraLite MCIMX6G2?
>

> In other words: do we need only a different device tree (and a kernel
> which supports the CPU/Board), or do we need a different Toolchain
> (and different PTXdist project)?

Yes, both CPUs are compatible. The only difference regarding the
toolchain/platform is that the Cortex-A7 on the MX6UL supports vfp-v4,
while the Cortex-A9 on the older i.MX6 variants only supports vfp-v3.

The generic arm-v7a toolchain will not use the newer vfp version by
default, but it's something to keep in mind. Just don't add vfp-v4 to
the platform toolchain options in the BSP and you should be fine.

Regards,
Lucas