On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 04:04:04PM +0100, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 01:13:42PM +0100, Roland Hieber wrote:
> > If the md5sum can be autodetected from the toolchain, we should use the
> > value from the toolchain and ignore the value specified in the menu.
> > This eases migration for BSPs that previously specified it in the menu
> > and didn't clear it when enabling GDB_TOOLCHAIN_VERSION (which defaults
> > to 'y' if GDBSERVER is used).
> >
> > Some older OSELAS toolchains (and also non-OSELAS toolchains) don't set
> > PTXCONF_CROSS_GDB_MD5 in their ptxconfig (or they simply don't have a
> > ptxconfig). In those cases, the md5sum must be specified in the menu.
>
> I used the current order deliberately: It allows overwriting the md5sum if
> necessary.

Hmm, in which cases would that be necessary? I can only think of using a
OSELAS toolchain that contains a wrong md5sum in its ptxconfig, and that
would probably be reason to make a new toolchain release. In all other
cases, the ptxconfig is either nonexistent or the doesn't contain an
md5sum, resulting in an empty value, therefore the md5sum from the menu
would be needed as described above.

 - Roland

--
Roland Hieber                     | r.hie...@pengutronix.de     |