Hi Denis,

> Am Montag, den 05.10.2020, 13:10 +0200 schrieb Gavin Schenk:
> > Ensure that with PTXCONF_ROOTFS_MEDIA set directory '/media' is created
> > even if none of PTXCONF_ROOTFS_MEDIA[1-6] is set.
> >
> > On our read-only system we mount a tmpfs on directory '/media' in order
> > to dynamically create additional mount points there.
> >
> > Fixes: 63e2d8696 (rootfs: don't create empty /media subdirs)
> Sounds like your "fix" is a change of intended behavior.

what is the intended behavior of PTXCONF_ROOTFS_MEDIA besides creating a
folder /media which is not always the case without this patch?

> I suggest to create this folder in the package,
> in which you install your mount logic (the dynamic creation).

Yes that would be a possible alternative if this patch is rejected.

> This keeps the status quo for the rest of ptxdist installations,
> where /media is not needed.

If /media is not needed you can just unset PTXCONF_ROOTFS_MEDIA.
With this change the semantic equals to e.g. PTXCONF_ROOTFS_HOME, where the
intended behaviour is creating directory /home, in my opinion.

Regards
Gavin
Eckelmann AG
Vorstand: Dipl.-Ing. Peter Frankenbach (Sprecher) Dipl.-Wi.-Ing. Philipp
Eckelmann
Dr.-Ing. Marco Münchhof Dr.-Ing. Frank Uhlemann
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hubertus G. Krossa Stv. Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Dr.-Ing. Gerd Eckelmann
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berliner Str. 161, 65205 Wiesbaden, Amtsgericht
Wiesbaden HRB 12636
http://www.eckelmann.de