Hi,

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 04:55:51PM +0000, Andre, Goncalo [AUTOSOL/MSOL/HSSL]
wrote:
> I am trying to comply with the GPL terms in regards to a product we will
> release that uses PTXdist and the OSELAS toolchain, and would like to clarify
> the license terms of the toolchain.
>
> On the git repo of the OSELAS toolchain I did not find any licensing
> information.

OSELAS.Toolchain() is a ptxdist project, so the ptxdist license applies:
https://git.pengutronix.de/cgit/ptxdist/tree/COPYING

In short: the BSP itself is GPLv2, but doesn't influence the license of
the things built with it.

> From what I understand the tools provided by the toolchain are all GNU
> derivatives and therefore have the same licensing terms as the GNU
> originals. Am I correct?

Correct.

> Have you transferred the copyright of your OSELAS contributions to the
> FSF?

In the past, some toolchain patches have been contributed back to the
respective communities, the remaining patches are here:

https://git.pengutronix.de/cgit/OSELAS.Toolchain/tree/patches

So technically, you are patching the components locally, so rules for
chainging those components apply.

rsc
--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Dipl.-Ing. Robert Schwebel  |
Steuerwalder Str. 21                       | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |