Hey all,

I am working on arm32 (imx6ul) and need to support dates beyond 2038. With the new ptxdist 2038 support it seems to work in C, but I ran into problems with C++.

The following code;

auto t = std::chrono::system_clock::now();

does not seem to work correctly. When the system date is less than 2038 it works and gives back the correct time, but for dates > 2038 it seems to return some 1970 date.

Conversion functions on the other hand seem to work;

auto t = std::chrono::system_clock::from_time_t(time(nullptr));

does a correct conversion of dates > 2038.

The defines like _TIME_BITS=64 are set correctly, and time_t is 64bit. Also calls like gettimeofday() works correctly.

Since the C++ std lib is part of the Toolchain, can it be that the Toolchain is not build correctly ?

Anybody any experience with y2038 in C++ on ptxdist ?

best regards,

Erwin