On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:48:02 +0100, Robert O'Callahan <rob...@ocallahan.org> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 11:35 PM, Simon Pieters <sim...@opera.com> wrote:

I thought this had been discussed in the past, but I can't find anything
now. Only
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2014JanMar/0012.html which
isn't asking for non-liveness.

The only live object is DOMQuad#bounds, I believe.

https://drafts.fxtf.org/geometry/#associated-bounding-rectangle

What are the pros and cons for live vs non-live for this object?

If it's not live, would you have an attribute that returns a new object
every time, or a method that returns a new object every time, or an
attribute (or method) that returns a new object every time the DOMQuad
changes, or what?

I don't know. Maybe we could remove it and add a .fromQuad() static method on DOMRect/DOMRectReadOnly, that gives the bounding rectangle (new object every time)?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software