On 6 February 2016 at 09:28, Robert O'Callahan <rob...@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 1:35 AM, Sebastian Zartner <
> sebastianzart...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The backdrop-filter CSS property allows to create a filtered backdrop
>> for an element[1] and the filter CSS property filters all parts of the
>> drawing of an element.
>>
>> This implies a few things that are suboptimal:
>> - The Fullscreen API spec. already defines a ::backdrop
>> pseudo-element[2], which suggests that it and the backdrop-filter
>> property belong together somehow.
>>

> ::backdrop and backdrop-filter are quite different.

I agree. So, they shouldn't be named similar.

Implementing ::backdrop for every element would be pretty hard for us and
> not something I'd want to do.

Can you elaborate on this?
And would it generally be hard to implement or only for Mozilla?

And if it's generally hard to implement, let's discuss another solution.
And what about the other parts of the suggested approach?

Sebastian