That all sounds like a good argument that the impact will be small.  (I
certainly know I had to really work to come up with a good demo of the
fill-rule effects!)

I'd still suggest getting the ball rolling sooner rather than later.
Probably starting with a dedicated thread that includes the [css-masking]
and [css-shapes] tags, so anyone else with strong opinions can join in.

I would say, though: if CSS Shapes and CSS Masking will need to be modified
from their current CR versions to make the change for polygon(), it would
be nice to also include the path() function at the same time, so they are
all defined in the same place.

~ABR