Dear Neither people,    As a lurker I have been following messages since
10/10 but wonder how we can ever get anywhere by academically discussing
policy directions, etc. If we believe in the original charter- "To form
a loose confederacy of those interested in changing the two party
system", then surely we should be progressing towards that. We all have
avenues where we can do this=   letters to editors, public meetings of
political parties, enquiries to AEC demanding answers, enquiries to
pollies of whatever persuasion, and finally the formation both statewide
and federally of relevant court challenges to the existing system.
Surely the only thing to do is to have a legal direction that Tweedledum
and Tweedledee can be placed equal last, whether you beleive in OPV or
CPV
As a political tyro, my own concerns, formed after being responsible for
a One Nation Campaign for my branch, is that the public should also know
what happens within the AEC with regard to a)multiple voting, b)deceased
enrollees, and the like. I am sure electronic voting is the only way to
go! The media will not express any doubts about the AEC in any editorial
matter, but there are independent outlets for informed opinion such as
the CEC "Citizen", "New Australia Times"' "Oznews", Tony Pitt's paper
and similar in Queensland and other States. Opponents tend to rubbish
these papers as extreme, as does the Murdoch and Packer media but I can
assure you they have a wide readership in rural and urban Queensland. If
a proper legal challenge was mounted- which of course would cost
dollars- I am sure fund raising could be done through advertising in
journals such as these throughout Australia.
For my part I would be happy to be part of an organisation which has as
a purpose a court challenge to the existing system, and hereby offer my
services.
For the record, in my electorate we had several cases of only 4 squares
being numbered and counted as formal in a 6 candidate contest, and we
are still waiting for the AEC to give us a written reply to our written
complaint. There is also an anomaly in the AEC "Scrutineer's Handbook"
which states on page 21 that all squares are to be numbered, but on page
22 it states that one square can be left blank.  I believe the booth
supervisors have yet another handbook which allows only 4 squares in a 6
candidate contest to be counted as formal.If we could only get public
knowledge and acceptanee of that Australia wide we could change
Australia, and put T&T equal last.
Then we could go back to properly debating political policies and
letting people answer at the Ballot Box.
 The present situation where Tweedledum is saying he has a "Mandate" for
the GST when 60% of Australia voted against just makes the foregong that
more urgent.
*URGENT*        As a start could we please have an update on the progress of
any current Court Challenges for distribution to suitable media outlets
up here?        If I have the facts I can prepare a suitable media release.
Yours in "Neither"              Rob Rae