Hello, Sandy.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.  I have played my part this year because I
saw we were not using our available resources to land direct blows on our
opponents. We have now seen that this can be done, and we have a national
ad appearing in tomorrow's Australian (11/11/98).

It's close to the time when I must pull my head in and leave the next
phase to others, but I see that there are moves all around us for better
use of the internet to strengthen the citizen participation which has been
so telling in the world anti-MAI campaign.

There is some debate-oriented software investigation being undertaken
through Albert Langer's "Neither" list, which might interest you, though
it's quite primitive at present. I'll attach an indicative message to lead
you into it if you wish. (If you can't open the eml file, tell me and I'll
send it in another format.)

I'm not sure how big or effective the stop-mai-l list is. Though I keep
posting stuff to it, I am not seeing much activity from it and am making
some enquiries to its controllers.  I think we need it to be properly
functional if we are to build on the broad civil-society network we have
developed since October.

I'm very heartened by your ideas and am copying this correspondence to the
stopmai and neither lists in the hope that it will strike a chord with
others.

Kind regards

Brian Jenkins