From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, 23 April 2001 8:04
Subject: AUSTRALIAN MONARCHIST LEAGUE STATEMENT RE: NEXT GOVERNOR GENERAL

>STATEMENT BY PHILIP BENWELL MBE
>NATIONAL CHAIRMAN OF
>THE AUSTRALIAN MONARCHIST LEAGUE
>ON THE APPOINTMENT OF THE REVEREND PETER HOLLINGWORTH AS AUSTRALIA'S
>NEXT GOVERNOR GENERAL
>

>"The appointment of the Most Reverend Peter Hollingworth AO OBE as our next
Governor General is, of course, disappointing but the fact that the
Archbishop,  who has declared himself dedicated to the removal of The Crown,
to hypocritically accept the highest appointment in the land to represent it
is reprehensible to say the least and will be a very poor substitute for Sir
William Deane who has conducted himself in the post with utter and complete
impartiality".