Dan Brickley wrote:
On 1/3/09 01:30, Giovanni Tummarello wrote:

The problem here imho is that too many people have forgotten that it is the "Semantic Web project", and instead treat "Semantic Web" as the name for a research field, or for a hypothetical future version of the Web that may never exist.

cheers,

Dan

Dan,

Awesome re:

"The problem here imho is that too many people have forgotten that it is the "Semantic Web project", and instead treat "Semantic Web" as the name for a research field, or for a hypothetical future version of the Web that may never exist."

I think this is one of the most important points that we all need to remember :-) The "Project" part needs emphasis as it really clears up matters when talking outside the core SemWeb community.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO OpenLink Software Web: http://www.openlinksw.com