Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
Hi all!

Cool URIs don't change, but cool content does, so the problem surfaces that I need to permanently redirect now and then. I discussed this problem in a meetup yesterday, and it turns out that people have found dbpedia problematic to use because it is too much of a moving target, when a URI changes because the underlying concepts change, there's a need for more 301s.

The problem is then that I need to record the relation between the old and the new URI somehow. As of now, it seems that the easiest way to do this would be to do something like:

<http://example.org/old> ex:permanently_moved_to <http://example.org/new>

and if the former is dereferenced, the server will 301 redirect to the latter. Has anyone done something like that, or have other useful experiences relevant to this problem?
Cheers,

Kjetil

Kjetil,

Have you looked at: http://dbpedia-live.openlinksw.com/live? Notice the delta link with exposes a resource containing deltas (in RDF model triples). When we make the domain swap re. DBpedia-Live and DBpedia, I think processing the delta would be a better way of handling this. That said, we'll maul over the possibility of post-processing the deltas en route to making 301's, but I am yet to figure out a route that isn't extremely tedious on our end.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen President & CEO OpenLink Software Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen