On 1/19/11 11:27 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kide...@openlinksw.com <mailto:kide...@openlinksw.com>> wrote:

    On 1/19/11 10:59 AM, Nathan wrote:
    htTp://lists.W3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2011Jan/ -
    Personally I'd hope that any statements made using these URIs
    (asserted by man or machine) would remain valid regardless of the
(incorrect?-)casing.
    Okay for Data Source Address Ref. (URL), no good for Entity (Data
    Item or Data Object) Name Ref., bar system specific handling via
    IFP property or owl:sameAs :-)

Kingsley, same for you as Nathan. To what specification do you refer to for the definitions and behavior of:
 - "Data source address ref"
 - Entity
 - Statement.

-Alan

Alan,

My response is purely about managing Identifiers that are used as functional unambiguous Name or Address References. Not quoting a W3C spec. Basically, expressing a view based on my understanding of what's practical.

A system (e.g. a database or client app.) can (should) make a decision about how it handles resolvable Identifiers when used as Name or Address references.

Kingsley

--
    Regards,

    Kingsley Idehen