On 4/12/11 3:55 PM, glenn mcdonald wrote:

    Please post the URL in question so I can double check what's
    happening. Remember, I am sharing URLs across the Web, there are
    many factor in play re. time variant nature of resources. etc..

    Anyway, give me a URL and I can look into what might be happening.

http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/ode/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson

    To you, I've wired the setting backwards i.e., I opted not to
    impose the overhead of owl:sameAs union expansion by default.

No, this is not a "to you" thing. The checkbox is off, but the sameAs expansions *are* showing. I'm not arguing a philosophical point, I'm observing that you have a UI bug.

The link above doesn't correspond to any link I've sent to you owl:sameAs inference context. Basically, that's ODE one of many browsers we offer. Its forte isn't showcasing owl:sameAs expansion.

Here are the links I sent earlier:

1. http://lod.openlinksw.com/describe/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson -- basic description of 'Micheal Jackson' from DBpedia

2. http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/rdfdesc/usage.vsp?g=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson -- list of source named graphs in the host DBMS

3. http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/rdfdesc/usage.vsp?g=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson&tp=2 -- list of named graphs with triples that reference this subject

4. http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/rdfdesc/usage.vsp?g=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson&tp=3 -- explicit owl:sameAs relations across the entire DBMS (clicking on each Identifier will unveil the description graph for the Referent of said Identifier)

5. http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/rdfdesc/usage.vsp?g=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson&tp=4 -- use of an InverseFunctionalProperty based rule to generate a fuzzy list of Identifiers that potentially share the same Referent (click on each link as per prior step)

6. http://lod.openlinksw.com/describe/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson&sas=yes -- inference context enhanced description of 'Micheal Jackson' (this is a union expansion of all properties across all Identifiers in an owl:sameAs relation with DBpedia Entity, hence use of paging re. handling result set size.)

7. http://lod.openlinksw.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson&sas=yes&p=6&lp=7&op=4&prev=&gp=6 - Page 5 of 8 re. enhanced description of 'Micheal Jackson' .

I also sent the following links in response to your SPARQL solution to Danny's puzzle:

1. http://lod.openlinksw.com/c/CV5SCWN -- your SPARQL query
2. http://lod.openlinksw.com/c/CYOT3KC -- SPARQL 1.1 variant
3. http://lod.openlinksw.com/c/CYGCJVN - DESCRIBE (using this via raw /sparql endpoint will produce a graph in format of your choice).

Your queries:

**For the interested, the single-domain SPARQL query was this:

PREFIX rdfs:<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>
PREFIX wn:<http://www.w3.org/2006/03/wn/wn20/schema/>
PREFIX id:<http://wordnet.rkbexplorer.com/id/>

SELECT DISTINCT ?planet WHERE {
  ?s1 wn:memberMeronymOf id:synset-solar_system-noun-1 .
  ?s1 rdfs:label ?planet .
  OPTIONAL {
    ?s1 wn:containsWordSense ?ws1 .
    ?ws1 wn:word ?w .
    ?ws2 wn:word ?w .
    ?s2 wn:containsWordSense ?ws2 .
    ?s2 wn:hyponymOf id:synset-Roman_deity-noun-1 .
  }
  FILTER (!bound(?s2))
}

and in SPARQL 1.1 it could be simplified to (I think):

PREFIX rdfs:<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>
PREFIX wn:<http://www.w3.org/2006/03/wn/wn20/schema/>
PREFIX id:<http://wordnet.rkbexplorer.com/id/>

SELECT DISTINCT ?planet WHERE {
  ?s1 wn:memberMeronymOf id:synset-solar_system-noun-1 .
  ?s1 rdfs:label ?planet .
  MINUS {
    ?s1 wn:containsWordSense ?ws1 .
    ?ws1 wn:word ?w .
    ?ws2 wn:word ?w .
    ?s2 wn:containsWordSense ?ws2 .
    ?s2 wn:hyponymOf id:synset-Roman_deity-noun-1 .
  }
}

    These are great. I support HTTP access, multiple formats, and
    URL-addressable queries/results/views.

    But you have a "silo". The day you deliver Objects with IDs that
    resolve to their Representations via URLs is the day I'll drop the
    "silo" tag re. your data space :-)

I wasn't even talking about Needle, but that day came long ago. All Needle nodes have IDs that resolve to representations via URLs.

Okay, what where you talking about? Specificity helps everyone, this is a public forum etc..

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO