On 10/6/14 12:48 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
It's not hard to query PDFs with SPARQL. All you have to do is extract the metadata from the document and turn it into RDF, if needed. Lots of programs extract and display this metadata already.

Peter,

Having had 200+ (some-non-rdf-doc} to RDF document transformers built under my direct guidance, there are issues with your claim above:

1. The extractors are platform specific -- AWWW is about platform agnosticism (I don't want to mandate an OS for experiencing the power of Linked Open Data transformers / rdfizers)

2. It isn't solely about metadata -- we also have raw data inside these documents confined to Tables, paragraphs of sentences

3. If querying a PDF was marginally simple, I would be demonstrating that using a SPARQL results URL in response to this post :-)

Possible != Simple and Productive.

We want to leverage the productivity and simplicity that AWWW brings to data representation, access, interaction, and integration.

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO