On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:15:36 +0200, Mark Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/22/06, Maciej Stachowiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Current implementations silently ignore the body in this case.

FWIW, I decided to test this.  As it turns out, IE and Firefox on
WinXP pass bodies on all methods except GET (actually, I couldn't test
GET on IE - it would only send POST!), and Opera passes them only with
POST (and doesn't support PUT?!).  That's all the browsers I have
access to right now.

http://www.markbaker.ca/2006/XHRTests/

So I have no strong opinions about this, but my suggestion would be to say that the data passed to send() is always used as the entity body, if present, unless the method argument is GET in which case it's dropped. Any objections?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>