Jonas Sicking wrote:
Yes, if it's a security problem not to. IMHO that should be the determining factor.

Actually, I'm wondering if we should disallow any header starting with "Proxy-". For example Proxy-Authorization header looks scary to me.

Well, this is yet another case where the theory of spec writing and practice aren't aligned :-)

I'd prefer the spec not to state normative requirements with respect to headers that don't even have a spec. So optimally, write down what you think the header does, and get it registered in the provisional IANA registry.

Best regards, Julian