Boris Zbarsky wrote:

Julian Reschke wrote:
Yes, I noticed that. For instance, it happens for application/..+xml, where it's really useless. Shouldn't this be restricted to text/*?

That could perhaps be done. The initial implementation just does it no matter the MIME type so as to avoid making assumptions about particular types (always a good thing).

This assumes that every non-text/* mime type *can* take a charset parameter, which IMHO is not true.

But this probably only becomes relevant once we have non XML/string based ways to set the body.

BR, Julian