On Tue, 27 May 2008 15:44:21 +0200, Julian Reschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Anne van Kesteren wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 14:29:16 +0200, Julian Reschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You're still avoiding the question whether the URL parameter can be an IRI. I would assume it can't, in which case the spec should require it to conform to RFC3986.
 It can. I made the specification more clear on this.

- Is this actually implemented?

Yes. In Opera and Firefix it is, at least.

- If the URL parameter can be a IRI, then somewhere later on we need to state that it needs to be transformed to a URI before it's put on the wire.

Added a transformation step as per 3.1 and also required throwing a SYNTAX_ERR in case of failure (ToASCII operation failure seems the most likely).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>