Cameron,

I recently became aware of Microsoft's involvement in the ECMAScript 3.1 effort
as of about a month ago. (Including Allen & Pratap from MS Jscript, who are
driving that effort.) ES3.1 makes a few subtle changes that I thought you'd
like to follow up on, since they impact the WebIDL spec, namely "DontDelete" is
changing to "Flexible", among other things which should be noted in WebIDL.

I've also done some recent investigation on how browsers handle ECMAScript's
operators (delete, new, instanceof, etc.) and found that they are somewhat
diverging in implementation; in particular the 'delete' operator. I've noted
that some implementations use the delete operator in the DOM in the same spirit
that it is speced in ECMAScript--that is the delete operator removes a given
property completely. I've noted that other implementations only allow the
delete operator to remove a "shadowed" property on the DOM, but never actual
delete the underlying "built-in" property. I wondered if WebIDL makes any
mention of the behavior of ECMAScript operators on host objects and how they
should behave?

- Travis Leithead - OM Program Manager - Internet Explorer