On Aug 26, 2008, at 8:12 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Boris Zbarsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Garrett Smith wrote:

Null is not the empty string.

No one claimed that it was. A number of DOM methods are specified as
treating them equivalently, however.

Well, I'm not so sure. I corresponded with Jonas who indicated that he
though null should convert to "". Now Maciej seems to be confused
about textContent = null. The result should be no effect.

No, you read the spec wrong. If you are going to be pendantic and criticize others for trivial errors, you should take more care to verify your claims.

Regards,
Maciej