This issue has been closed, based on the WG's agreement on August 26. Please see the following for details:

 <http://www.w3.org/2008/08/26-wam-minutes.html#item03>

-Regards, Art Barstow

On Jun 26, 2008, at 4:18 AM, ext Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

ISSUE-17: Widgets (not just widget engines) should be able to specify which proxies they communicate through

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/

Raised by: Josh Soref
On product:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/ 0440.html

5:00 PM and as a should, I SHOULD be able to pick a proxy per widget
however it shouldn't be a requirement (MUST), because some systems won't
want to
 me: yeah, that adds quite a bit of complexity
timeless.bmo1: (not all widgets are created equal, some are more equal than
others)
 me: sounds like a 2.0 feature
  if someone wants it
5:01 PM timeless.bmo1: the problem is that i can easily have some widgets
that i only want to work in some environments
  and some widgets that will need a proxy at some times
  yeah stupid corporate firewalls
 me: yeah, I can already think of use cases
 timeless.bmo1: however, some things shouldn't work at some times
5:02 PM i have apps like this
which may be ip based and don't want them talking to any random server at that ip, but only via some trusted proxy... but i don't want all the other
widgets to use that trusted proxy
5:03 PM or in some cases, i really really don't trust the proxy, but it's a
necessary evil for a certain widget
 me: you think it might be something to consider for 1.0 then?
 timeless.bmo1: sadly yes