On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:59:53 +0100, Doug Schepers <schep...@w3.org> wrote:

On another topic, I would like to use Widgets with pure SVG content,
rather than including HTML... I didn't see a clear way to do this, nor
was it explicitly disallowed.  I'll review the spec more to see if there
are problems in this regard.

Informational: Opera's pre-P&C-implementation allows widgets in any format that Opera
can handle natively, using the widgetfile element [1][2].  Given that the
P&C-specification does not explicitly disallow or mandate a content type for the start
file, I would expect this behavior to be conformant in an implementation of P&C

[1]
<URL:http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-widgets-specification-1-0-third-ed-2/#xml_widgetfile_element>
[2] Should be testable both in Opera 9.6x and the upcoming Opera 10.00

--
Arve Bersvendsen

Developer, Opera Software ASA, http://www.opera.com/