Here is an update on my last status messsage.

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:43:54 +0900, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@opera.com> wrote:
[...]

I would very much appreciate it if people involved in CORS (and other interested parties of course) can read through this e-mail and share their thoughts. The sooner the better.

Since this did not happen I tried doing the remaining work myself.

   http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/products/7

ISSUE-13 "Opting into cookies" it seems this is part of the specification now in the form of the Access-Control-Allow-Credentials header and credentials flag.

I will close this issue unless someone speaks up by next Friday.

ISSUE-25 "Revocation of cached access grants" as I stated in July 2008 (e-mail is referenced from the issue) you can revoke cache entries by simply not allowing the actual request to pass. (Part of this issue became ISSUE-30.)

I will close this issue unless someone speaks up by Friday.

ISSUE-30 "Should spec have wording to recognise that User Agents may implement further security beyond the spec?" http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008JulSep/0048.html has suggested additional restrictions user agents may impose. I'm thinking that should be a normative subsection of the processing model. Makes sense?

This is now addressed in the specification. I will therefore close this issue unless someone speaks up by Friday.

ACTION-11 "Draft scenarios for AC + various host specs" the use cases section in the specification has some scenarios. Given @font-face and media elements I could add some more there I suppose if that is desired.

I will close this action unless someone speaks up by Friday.

ACTION-148 "Try to find an Editor for the Access Control Primer document" I do not think this is worth the time of the WG to be honest. Tutorials for using CORS are already appearing on the Web. E.g. https://developer.mozilla.org/En/HTTP_access_control Having one that is vetted by the WG seems like something that demands more resources than we have.

Since this action does cannot possibly stop progress on CORS I will leave this up to Art. (If someone is of the opinion that it can stop process on CORS please speak up by Friday.)

ACTION-192 "Submit an input that will result in closing Issue #21" that is a Widgets issue.

This has been closed already.

The Origin header needs to become something that can be referenced. Should I keep the definition in the draft meanwhile? Currently it is commented out.

This is an open issue in the draft with text commented out. If we go to Last Call and there is no reasonable progress on the RFC ID I will put the text back in. After all, we already provisionally registered the header through this WG.

The security section currently mostly makes redundant requirements (incorrect, it should be non-normative) and requirements that are better moved to the processing model. I thought of maybe introducing a processing model for servers so that the requirements on them become a bit more clear. And the the user agent and server processing model share the syntax section for header definitions on writing and parsing. Does that make sense?

I have done this now.

Not sure what happens to the security section after that. Ideas?

There were a few considerations that did not fit anywhere else.

The terms case-sensitive, ASCII case-insensitive, and converting a string to lowercase would ideally be defined in a separate document all kinds of specifications can reference. Although it should be pretty clear from the definitions already, that would strengthen they are indeed identical and can be implemented with the same function. This is just a minor thing though and does not really affect CORS in any way.

I proposed drafting a Web Terminology Fundamentals specification for this work on the private list. If there is agreement on that I will start working on it. As mentioned, where these terms are defined should not impact CORS in any way.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>