Selectors fans - the CSS WG published a LCWD of the Selectors spec; comments due April 7:

 <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-css3-selectors-20090310/>

Begin forwarded message:

From: ext Bert Bos <b...@w3.org>
Date: March 11, 2009 3:05:24 PM EDT
Subject: Last Call for comments on Selectors (css3-selectors)

The CSS WG just published a new WD for Selectors[1] accompanied by a
last call for reviews. In principle, the deadline is four weeks from
now: April 7. If your WG wants to send comments but need longer,
please, let us know.

About the specification:

Selectors debuted in CSS, but are now also used in other technologies.
They select elements and a few other things in tree-structured
documents or in an (interactive) rendering of such a document. We call
this specification "Selectors level 3" to distinguish it from the
subset used by CSS level 2 and the even smaller subset of CSS level 1.

The specification is quite old. It was published as a CR in 2001, then
republished as a WD in 2005 in order to remove one feature that wasn't
implemented (the "content" selector) and now again, with one more
feature removed: The "selection" selector, although implemented, showed
problems that we decided to not deal with right now.

The next step should be PR, because we have a test suite and it appears
to be implemented. (We haven't published the test reports, because
since they were last written, we fixed some bugs in both the tests and
the spec. We'll make new ones before PR, of course.)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-css3-selectors-20090310/

Bert
  b...@w3.org                             2004 Rt des Lucioles / BP 93