On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Bil Corry <b...@corry.biz> wrote:
> How set in stone is Origin within CORS?

I don't think we want to impede CORS with these issues.  CORS is quite
close to shipping in a number of implementations.  I certainly don't
want to hold it hostage.

> The ideal scenario would be to merge all the various proposed Origin
> specifications into one that is well thought out and handles the bulk of the
> use cases.

Given infinite time, I agree.  However, there is tremendous value in
shipping CORS sooner rather than later.

> At this point, I'm aware of four Origin descriptions, are there any others?
>
>        CORS:  http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/#origin-header

>        HTML5:
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/history.html#navigate-fragid-step
>        Barth: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-abarth-origin-00.txt

These two, at least, are the same.  We separated the XXX-Origin bit
from the HTML 5 spec because folks from the IETF were interested in
reviewing it separately from HTML 5.

>        Moz:   https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Origin

Adam