On Apr 21, 2009, at 6:08 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:

Anne van Kesteren:
If something takes a DOMString as value is it clearly defined what
happens if the toString algorithm throws or returns a non-DOMString?

Oliver Hunt:
I would assume that the exception will be propagated to the runtime, but
it should be stated.

Seems reasonable to state that. I’ve added a note to do that when I get
some time to allocate to editing Web IDL again.

I actually thought about this some more, and realised i'm not entirely sure this should be part of webidl as it seems a little too language specific. Eg. WebKit also provides an objective-c interface to the DOM to application developers, allowing them to interact with a webpage (or other content) through the DOM directly from their application code.

Thanks,

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/