From: public-webapps-requ...@w3.org [mailto:public-webapps-requ...@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Anne van Kesteren
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 8:03 AM
To: Arthur Barstow
Cc: Mike Smith; Doug Schepers; Charles McCathieNevile; WebApps WG
Subject: Re: Next steps for XHR L1 spec?

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:33:14 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.bars...@nokia.com>
wrote:
> What are the next steps for the XHR L1 spec?

I am in the process of rewriting parts of XMLHttpRequest Level 1 so that it
matches reality better with respect to how to determine the origin and base URL
of an XMLHttpRequest object. At the same time I'm also working on integrating
it with the event loop model as defined in HTML5.

So far this has been taking quite a bit of time, but I'm getting closer. Once
this is done I plan on merging the changes with XMLHttpRequest Level 2.

> There was one Raised issue for this spec and earlier today I moved it
> to Open. The list of Open Issues and Actions is:
>
>   <http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/products/3>

It seems that ISSUE-33 is about a limitation of Microsoft's implementation.
I.e. invoking open() from within an event listener does not work. The issue was
raised to gather feedback from Mozilla as both Opera and Apple are fine with
allowing this.

I personally do not see a good reason to change the way event handling normally
works here, but I'm open to feedback.

ISSUE-75 is something I'm working on right now. Not sure when it's finished,
though I hope to have something to show relatively soon.

I have not looked at ACTION-12 yet.

> Please feel free to respond on public-webapps.
>
> -Thanks, Art

Cheers,

--
Anne van Kesteren